Friday, December 07, 2007

Plans

Well it seems the majority of people want to see more of Freeman's Mind, so I'll at least make another episode. What I'll probably end up doing is alternating between this and Civil Protection. I like CP because I consider it more original and have more freedom, but like FM because it's faster. After I get the next episode out, I'm afraid there will be a sizeable downtime because of jobs I have to work on this month especially. I plan to pick things up after that however.

EDIT:
I've received several offers on an audio editor and html person, so thanks to everyone who applied.

26 comments:

Pigeon Skunk said...

good plan, Ross

still, we would like to know roughly when the next CP will come out

Lt Colonel Bob said...

I agree, I'm glad that we will have something to enjoy between CP episodes. Good luck at work this month.

Shifty said...

Awesome. I like FM and the simplicity of it I can tell is awesome. I haven't seen anything like it before either so your problem with origoinality is nonexistant I think. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Forget about FM... Thats how it happens... Slowly you will forget about CP, then you will think of a new project and CP will be lost for sure... Quit this FM business its not even funny...

Ross Scott said...

anonymous dude: I can appreciate it if you don't don't like FM, but I think I have more perspective over the future of CP than you do. I'll say it again, FM will die before CP will.

Anonymous said...

Thats what the all say.

Anonymous said...

* they.

Otto said...

You're looking for an Audio Man!? Good grief, I edit heaps of stuff every day, how dare you say it's boring? :)


Though, I don't trust myself to apply for it, because I'm always worried that no matter what it is, I'll do it wrong. I get like that with things that aren't mine.

G. B. Jackson said...

To otto:
> Though, I don't trust myself to
> apply for it, because I'm always
> worried that no matter what it
> is, I'll do it wrong. I get like
> that with things that aren't
> mine.

I'd say, go for it anyway. If you screw up, you screw up. But if not, then you can take the satisfaction from knowing that you contributed to something cool.

A can-do attitude is the prime ingredient for success. It is those who say "I can't" or who listen to others who tell them they can't are doomed to failure before they even start.

For seven years, I ran the online fan community for actress/artist Ariana Richards. I live on the Gulf Coast and she lives on the West Coast. I had no contacts in the entertainment industry. I had friends and family telling me I was wasting my time and that nothing would come of it. I believed I could do it and refused to listen to naysayers. The fan community and its web site was made official and Ariana posts its forums when she has time. I can't take all the credit, though. I put what I was doing in God's hands and let Him make make of it what He willed. I realize not everyone believes in that sort of thing, but I believed it would work and it did work. So I factor that in when I speak of this.

So, don't let anyone, especially yourself, get in the way of trying something. You may be surprised at just how much you can do.

Ross, Why don't you give otto here a small assignment and see what happens. You certainly won't be any worse off than you are now if it doesn't work out, but if it does, you get your help and your episodes will benefit.

Good day, everyone...

In Christ,
G. B. Jackson

Ross Scott said...

pigeon skunk: It won't be until after the new year I'm afraid, but I hope to pick up the pace then.

Otto: I imagine you'd be fine man, this isn't hard what I'm talking about (some sound editing can be fun, but balancing the volume levels for 50 lines I consider not fun). Unfortunately several people beat you to it. Since I'm trying to be fair I'm going with the first qualified-sounding person that contacted me. So sorry about that, but it's nothing personal.

Otto said...

Aye, that's fine Ross. No harm done, but I still think that placing all the lines to balance audio is real fun. :)


G. B. Jackson:

Thanks a lot mate, I wasn't expecting to get that kind of response from anyone. Thanks for your kind words, I will definitely take what you said into account. :D

Ridan Krad said...

Otto, I'm just thankful that there are people like you in the world who enjoy putting together technical stuff like audio balancing, so the rest of us don't have to. =)

Otto said...

Hehehe, thank you. I can't help it being fun for me. :)

Ross Scott said...

Well I liked audio editing once upon a time, but once you do that on top of writing, voice acting, animating, mapping, recording, some graphics work, and video editing, then it loses some of the sparkle.

karanjhala guy said...

just for curiosity reasons,,,,, how long does it usually take to make fm eps?

karanjhala guy, FUSED UP said...

hey!!! anonymous after shifty. what u thinkin' FM IS GREAT!!! I played the 1st half life all the way to the end! (it's fun taking your crowbar to a CORPSE AND HITTING TILL IT BLOWS UP!) BUT ANYWAY FM vs. CP; CP does win (to me) but FM Is a good partener to CP I MEAN C'MON!!!!!!!!!! >:p >:P

Anonymous said...

Lol, and? FM still is not funny, along with your "explosive corpses"

Eidrog said...

g.b. jackson,
(about what you said with can-do attitudes) I have a can-do attitude but, I get discouraged by people very easily -.- Alls that it takes is one person telling me that I can't do it or calling me incapable for me to truly think I can not get it done. I don't know why I get that way :/

karanjhala guy said...

nice one eidrog! thx 4 tellin evry1 on this site! (sigh)

stupidity loves company said...

sompin rong heyu? i see comments al day and get mad at peepol like anonymous here!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you know, I know a great thing to fix you prob. just don't read these kind of comments and you won't get mad, thats cool right?

stupidity loves company said...

thx anonymous!!! <:-)

stupidity loves company and karanjhala guy said...

we both think/thought that a comment on a previous post made lots of sens! he sed fm is a good filler for the tim e it takes to make cp eps! (to anonymous

Otto said...

Could you guys please make an effort to type properly and make sense?

Shifty said...

Aye, I don't want to be a spelling geek but it is kind of annoying. If you guys could take the time to spell properly that would be nice. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just for reference on your next FM, you know Eli and Magnusson and Magnusson's food are in the next level, Anomalous Materials, right?